UMBC's Cologer, Maine's Orach Net #AEXC Weekly Honors
BOSTON – America East teams found success this past weekend, namely at the UMass Invitational. Maine men’s team picked up a first-place finish while Vermont’s men’s squad finished third. On the women’s side, it was Vermont with a second-place finish overall. Meanwhile, at the Dartmouth Cross Country Invitational, the men’s squad for UMass Lowell came away with second place. Here are the second weekly award winners of the season:
Women’s Performer of the Week
Sophia Cologer, UMBC - Sr., Distance Runner, Annapolis, Md.
- The Annapolis native continued her excellent early season form, placing second in the Salty Dog Invitational, a 6k event, in a time of 22.53.86.
- Cologer now has top five finishes in three of her last four events, excluding NCAA Regionals, dating back to 2015.
Men’s Performer of the Week
Jesse Orach, Maine – Sr., Distance Runner, Gorham, Maine
- Placed first overall with a time of 18:59 to lead Maine to a first place finish at the UMass Invitational (6K).
- Second straight Performer of the Week award.
Weekly Award Winners
Sept. 7 – Women: Nicole Murphy, UMass Lowell; Men: Jesse Orach, Maine
Sept. 14 – Women: Sophia Cologer, UMBC; Men: Jesse Orach, Maine
- Seven America East programs were ranked in the USTFCCCA regional rankings this week.
- The men's side featured three teams ranked in the Northeast poll: #10 Stony Brook, #12 Binghamton and #13 Maine.
- Four women's programs were recognized in the Northeast poll: #9 New Hampshire, #11 Stony Brook, #14 Albany and #15 Vermont.
- #3Pillars – Building the Complete Student-Athlete -