Purrier's Run Earns National Recognition, Nets #AEXC Honor
BOSTON – America East squads were well represented in the Coast-to-Coast Battle in Beantown last weekend. Maine placed fifth out of 15 teams on the men's side, while three women’s teams finished in the top-seven, headed by UMass Lowell. Below are this week’s individual award-winners:
Women’s Performer of the Week
Elinor Purrier, New Hampshire - Jr., Distance Runner, Montgomery, Vt.
- In her first cross country race since 2014, Purrier won the Coast-to-Coast Battle in Beantown meet with a time of 17:06 to lead UNH to sixth place finish in an impressive field.
- Finished seven seconds ahead of runner-up.
- Selected as the USTFCCCA Division I national Performer of the Week.
Men’s Performer of the Week
Jesse Orach, Maine – Sr., Distance Runner, Gorham, Maine
- Finished 15th in the Coast-to-Coast Battle in Beantown with a time of 24:55, the best among America East runners in the event.
- Maine finished fifth in the race, the highest of any America East team
- It is Orach’s third Performer of the Week award
Weekly Award Winners
Sept. 7 – Women: Nicole Murphy, UMass Lowell; Men: Jesse Orach, Maine
Sept. 13 – Women: Sophia Cologer, UMBC; Men: Jesse Orach, Maine
Sept. 21 – Women: Elinor Purrier, New Hampshire; Men: Jesse Orach, Maine