Thompson, Alexander Net #AEWSOC Week 8 Awards
BOSTON - Only two weeks remain in the America East women's soccer regular season and every team is still in contention for a tournament spot. Six teams will qualify for the America East Women's Soccer Championship, which begins on October 27th with quarterfinal action. UNH remains the lone unbeaten team after tying against Vermont on Sunday. The Wildcats are tied for first place with Hartford Hawks, who also have 10 points after going 1-0-1 on the week. Stony Brook earned a pair of important wins and is just one point behind the Wildcats and Hawks with nine points. Here are the week eight award winners:
Player of the Week
Amy Thompson, Stony Brook, Sr., M, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
- Totaled four points in a 2-0 week for the Seawolves.
- Finished with one goal and two assists.
- Had an assist in Stony Brook's 2-0 win over Vermont.
- Had an assist and then scored the game-winning goal on a free kick in a 3-2 win over UMass Lowell.
Rookie of the Week
Bridgette Alexander, Hartford, Fr., F, Huntingdon Valley, Pa.
- Had three points in an undefeated week for the Hawks (1-0-1)
- Assisted on an insurance goal in the 32nd minute to help Hartford to a 2-0 shutout win at Maine
- Scored the Hawks’ first goal of the game in a 2-2 draw against UAlbany
- Ranks fifth on the team in scoring with 10 points
Aug. 22 – Player of the Week: Vivien Beil, Maine; Rookie of the Week: Kaila Lozada, Hartford
Aug. 29 – Player of the Week: Mimi Borkan, New Hampshire; Rookie of the Week: Julia Smith, Vermont
Sep. 6 – Player of the Week: Ashley Claud, Hartford; Rookie of the Week: Sierra Stone, Hartford
Sep. 12 - Player of the Week: Brooke Murphy, New Hampshire; Rookie of the Week: Julia Smith, Vermont
Sep. 19 - Co-Players of the Week: Gabby Boehmer, UMBC & Coco Speckmaier, Vermont; Rookie of the Week: Lea Kalmback, Stony Brook
Sep. 26 - Player of the Week: Tori Tripp, Hartford; Rookie of the Week: Liz Lane, New Hampshire
Oct. 3 - Player of the Week: Gaby Dorsey, New Hampshire; Rookie of the Week: Meghan Cavanaugh, Albany
Oct. 10 - Player of the Week: Amy Thompson, Stony Brook; Rookie of the Week: Bridgette Alexander, Hartford
- #3Pillars – Building the Complete Student-Athlete -