Courtesy: America East Communications

Stony Brook, Albany Advance to #AEWLAX Title Game

Release: 05/05/2017

STONY BROOK, N.Y. – For the sixth-straight season, Albany and Stony Brook will meet for the America East women's lacrosse title after the Great Danes and Seawolves each won their semifinal contests Friday at Stony Brook LaValle Stadium.

Top-seed Stony Brook and second-seed Albany will play in the final on Sunday at noon on ESPN3. The winner will receive the conference's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. Recap Friday's semifinal action below:

No. 1 Stony Brook 20, No. 4 New Hampshire 3
Box Score

  • Stony Brook advanced to the women's lacrosse title game for the sixth-straight season with a 20-3 win over New Hampshire.
  • The 20 goals were tied for the second-most in a tournament game in conference tournament history.
  • Kylie Ohlmiller set the conference tournament record with seven assists in the contest.
  • The Seawolves scored the first five goals of the contest and ended up with a 13-1 lead at halftime. Samantha DiSalvo led the first-half attack with four goals and two assists.
  • Six different Seawolves scored in the second half on the way to their ninth-straight tournament win.

No. 2 Albany 14, No. 3 UMBC 13
Box Score

  • For the sixth-straight year, Albany has reached the America East title game after defeating UMBC, 14-13, in the semifinals on Friday night.
  • Dakotah Savitcheff led the Albany attack with five goals while Sarah Martin notched nine points with three goals and six assists.
  • The Great Danes scored the first two goals of the game and help the lead throughout.
  • After the Great Danes led 5-2 midway through the first half, UMBC scored the final two goals to cut the deficit to 5-4 at halftime.
  • Albany started to pull away late after Savitcheff scored with 10:43 left to make it 13-9.
  • The Retrievers scored four of the next five goals to get within one goal at 14-13.
  • After UMBC's Carolyn Jamison scored with 1:01 remaining, the Retrievers retained possession due to a foul called on the goal. UMBC had a shot in the final 30 seconds that could have tied the game, but it was blocked wide by the Albany defense.