Maine's Riedl & Ricker, #9 Albany's Primus Garner 1st #AEFH Awards of Year
BOSTON - America East's nine field hockey programs began their seasons last weekend and posted eight wins in 13 contests, including two each by ninth-ranked Albany, Maine and Vermont. Last year, America East posted the third-best conference RPI amongst field hockey sponsoring leagues in the nation and was joined the ACC and Big Ten as the only conferences with multiple teams in the NCAA tournament. Here are the week one award winners:
Player of the Week
Libby Riedl, Maine - So., Midfielder, Port Moody, B.C.
- Tallied nine points in leading Maine to a pair of wins last week.
- Scored twice and had an assist in the Black Bears' 7-1 win over Providence Friday.
- Had a goal and two assists in a 6-1 win over Sacred Heart Sunday.
Defensive Player of the Week
Maxi Primus, Albany - Jr., Goalkeeper, Berlin, Germany
- Did not allow a goal in over 118 minutes of play last week while leading #9 Albany to two shutout wins.
- Made six saves and recorded the shutout victory in a 4-0 win over Hofstra Friday.
- Stopped the only two shots she faced in over 48 minutes of action in Sunday's 5-0 win over Bryant.
- This is her seventh career Player of the Week award.
Rookie of the Week
Brianna Ricker, Maine - Fr., Forward, Port Moody, B.C.
- Racked up five points in her first game as a collegian, a 7-1 win at Providence.
- Scored twice and added an assist against the Friars.
Weekly Award Winners
Aug. 30 - Player of the Week: Libby Riedl, Maine; Defensive Player of the Week: Maxi Primus, Albany; Rookie of the Week: Brianna Ricker, Maine
- #3Pillars – Building the Complete Student-Athlete -