Mayza, Moore Earn Women's #AEHoops Week 8 Honors
BOSTON - The final week of non-conference play came to a close in America East women's basketball as the calendar turned to 2017 with the New Hampshire Wildcats finishing with the top non-conference record at 10-3. It is the best start for UNH since 1998-99, while Hartford earned its most non-conference victories since 2012-13 after going 9-4. Conference play begins on Wednesday with four games. Here are the week eight award winners:
Player of the Week
Deanna Mayza, Hartford, Sr., G, Pennsburg, Pa.
- Scored a career-high 26 points to lead Hartford to a 69-67 win at Hofstra on Friday.
- Netted 19 of her points in the second half, including five in overtime, as Hartford erased a 10 point fourth quarter deficit to score the win
- Shot 10-of-16 from the field, including 4-of-7 from three, adding five rebounds, four assists and three steals
Rookie of the Week
Tyler Moore, UMBC, Fr., G, Portsmouth, Va.
- In a 2-1 week for the Retrievers, Moore averaged 13.7 points, 4.7 rebounds and 2.7 steals per game.
- Against Liberty, Moore led the team with 16 points, going 4-9 from beyond the arc.
- In the non-conference finale against Coppin State, Moore chipped in 17 points, five rebounds and three steals.
Weekly Award Winners
Nov. 14 - Player of the Week: Taylor McCarley, UMBC; Rookie of the Week: Laia Sole, Maine
Nov. 21 - Player of the Week: Imani Watkins, Binghamton; Rookie of the Week: Laia Sole, Maine
Nov. 28 - Player of the Week: Imani Tate, Albany; Rookie of the Week: Sierra DaCosta, Hartford
Dec. 5 - Player of the Week: Carlie Pogue, New Hampshire; Rookie of the Week: Sierra DaCosta, Hartford
Dec. 12 - Co-Players of the Week: Jessica Fequiere, Albany & Kori Bayne-Walker, Stony Brook; Rookie of the Week: Laia Sole, Maine
Dec. 19 - Player of the Week: Nicole Hayner, UMass Lowell; Rookie of the Week: Megan Hendrick, UMass Lowell
Dec. 26 - Co-Players of the Week: Janelle Harrison, Hartford & Davion Wingate, Stony Brook; Rookie of the Week: Tyler Moore, UMBC
Jan. 2 - Player of the Week: Deanna Mayza, Hartford; Rookie of the Week: Tyler Moore, UMBC
#3Pillars – Building the Complete Student-Athlete -