Albany, New Hampshire Look To Stay Perfect In Volleyball Friday Night
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Six America East volleyball teams take the court on Friday night, with New Hampshire and Albany looking to remain unbeaten in conference play.
Friday, October 5
- UMBC is leading the conference in blocks per set at 2.05, led by Emily Witasman who is the conference leader at 1.18 blocks per set.
- Hartford's Jackie Tamburri leads the conference in assists, averaging 9.70 per set.
- The Retrievers hold an 18-2 advantage in the all-time series.
(5-13, 2-1 AE) at Albany (5-11, 2-0 AE), 7 p.m.
- Albany has won its first two conference games and has now won 45 of its last 48 America East matches.
- The Great Danes have been stout defensively, ranking second in the conference with 1.88 blocks per set.
- Binghamton ranks second in the league in hitting percentage at .202, most of that thanks to Grace Vickers, who is hitting .245.
- New Hampshire is riding a six-match winning streak and is one of two unbeaten teams remaining in the conference entering the weekend.
- Junior Morgan Thatcher earned her second-straight America East Player of the Week award, and ranks third in the conference with 3.54 kills per set.
- Stony Brook has been led by standout freshman Melissa Rigo, who continues to lead the conference with 4.36 kills per set. The last time a freshman led the conference in kills per set was Maine's Leah Voss in 2000.