Updated: October 07, 2012 12:10 pm (ET)
by America East Communications
Week two of America East play in field hockey resulted in to two overtime thrillers and a third game that wasn't decided until deep into the second half.
Saturday October 6
#12 Boston U. 4, at Vermont 2 – Box Score | Recap | Highlights
• Boston U. (8-4, 2-0 AE) scored a pair of second-half goals to break a 2-2 tie and down Vermont (1-10, 0-2 AE) 4-2.
• The Terriers, who improved to 2-0 in America East play, are 7-1 on the road this season.
• Ella Gunson scored twice for Boston U. while Anna Fruitema and Jacinda McLeod also added scores.
• Colleen Slaughter and Kelsey Bonner scored for the Catamounts while goalkeeper Stephanie Zygmunt made 14 saves.
at Maine 2, Fairfield 1 (OT) – Box Score | Recap
• Zoe Adkins put home a rebound 3:32 into overtime to give Maine (8-5, 2-0 AE) a 2-1 win over Fairfield (7-7, 0-2 AE) as the Black Bears improved to 2-0 in America East play.
• The Black Bears' Hannah Keating got the scoring started in the 27th minute and Fairfield evened the score in the 38th minute on Kaitlyn Taddeo's first goal of the year.
• Both goaltenders kept their team in the game as Maine's Alicia Frish made five saves and the Stags' Maddy Sposito had seven.
• Maine has won seven of its last eight games.
Friday, October 5
at #19 New Hampshire 2, #22 Albany 1 -- Box Score | Recap | Highlights
• Albany (5-7, 0-2 AE) dominated play for much of the game, but New
Hampshire (6-5, 2-0 AE) scored twice in the game's final 6:49 to improve
to 2-0 in America East play.
• Casey Pohlmeyer tied the game 1-1 with just 20 seconds left off a
penalty corner and Meg Flately found the back of the open cage off a
feed from Megan Bozek 6:29 into overtime to give UNH back-to-back wins
over Albany for the first time since 2003.
• The Great Danes outshot the Wildcats, 12-6, but UNH's Carlie Tarbell kept her team in the game by making seven saves.
• Echo Bretz scored her second goal of the year to give Albany a 1-0 lead one minute into the second half.