America East Play in Men's Soccer Continues Wednesday
conference play continues on Wednesday with four intriguing matchups, including a pair of unbeatens and the top two scoring teams in the league squaring off.
Wednesday, October 10
• Hartford (6-5-1, 0-1-1 AE) and New Hampshire (4-4-3, 0-1-1 AE) are each in search of their first America East win of the year.
• The Hawks fell at Vermont, 3-2, on Saturday, while the Wildcats tied UMBC, 1-1 at home.
• The all-time series is dead even after 36 all-time meetings (11-11-14).
• Hartford's Javoni Simms is the top freshman goal scorer in the nation as his eight scores are tied for 12th nationally overall.
• UNH's Travis Worra leads the conference in save percentage (.816) and is third in goals-against average (0.98).
UMBC at Albany, 7 p.m. -- Live Stats
• Both teams hope to claim their first America East win as UMBC (5-3-1, 0-1-1 AE) is coming off a tie at UNH and Albany (2-9-0, 0-2-0 AE) enters after falling to Binghamton, 1-0, its last time out.
• The Retrievers have won three straight over the Great Danes, including a 2-1 win last year, and lead the all-time series 5-3-1.
• UMBC is the top defensive team in the conference, leading the way with a 0.93 team GAA and has allowed fewer than two goals in six of its nine games this season.
• Albany goalkeeper Tim Allen leads the league making 5.91 save per contest.
Stony Brook at Binghamton, 7 p.m. -- Live Stats | Live Video
• Two of the top teams in the America East standings will square off when Binghamton (6-5-0, 2-0-0 AE) hosts Stony Brook (7-3-1, 1-1-0 AE).
• The game will feature two of the top leading scorers in Binghamton's Jake Keegan and Stony Brook's Leonardo Fernandes. Keegan leads the league and is tied for fourth nationally with 21 points and tied for fifth with nine goals while Fernandes' is second in America East and tied for 15th nationally with 19 points (7G, 5A).
• Stony Brook and Binghamton are the top two scoring teams in America East with the Seawolves scoring a league-best 1.80 goals per game and the Bearcats ranking second averaging 1.55 per contest.
• The Bearcats, who beat Albany 1-0 Saturday, come in riding a three-game win streak while the Seawolves have won six of their last seven after having their six-game unbeaten stretch snapped by Boston U. Saturday.
Vermont at Boston U., 7 p.m. -- Live Stats | Live Video
• Vermont (5-4-3, 2-0-0 AE) tries to stay perfect in America East play while Boston U. (4-5-3, 1-0-1 AE) hopes to extend its unbeaten streak to four games when the two teams meet Wednesday.
• Both teams won thrillers on Saturday with the Catamounts scoring twice in a 26 second span in the second half to beat Hartford, 3-2, while the Terriers upended Stony Brook, 2-1, on Dominque Badji's overtime score.
• The game will feature both of this week's America East award winners, Vermont's Joe Losier (Player) and Badji (Rookie).
• The Terriers and Catamounts are virtually even statistically as the two teams are tied for fourth in America East in goals per game (1.33 gpg) and each have a 1.18 team goals against average.