Three Homecoming Men's Soccer Contests Take Place Saturday
This America East men's soccer season continues on Saturday with three Homecoming contests.
Saturday, October 13
• Boston U. (4-5-4,
1-0-2 AE, 5 pts.) and UMBC (5-4-4, 0-2-1 AE, 1 pt.) come into Saturday's game with different goals as the Terrier look to stay unbeaten in America East play while the Retrievers go for their first win.
• The Terriers, who are unbeaten in their last four games, tied Vermont, 0-0, their last time out, while the Retrievers surrendered two goals in the final 15 minutes to Albany in a 2-1 loss Wednesday.
• Boston U. and UMBC are two of the top defensive teams in the league. The Retrievers boast a 1.01 team goals-against average (1st) and the Terriers hold a 1.07 average (3rd).
Stony Brook at Hartford, 7 p.m. -- Live Stats | Live Video
West Hartford, Conn.
• Stony Brook (8-3-1, 2-1-0, 6 pts) and Hartford (6-6-1, 0-2-1 AE, 1 pt.) meet in a rematch of last year's America East Championship game.
• The Seawolves won that game, 4-2, en route to winning their second America East title in three years. Leonardo Fernandes, who has 19 points on seven goals and five assists this season, scored twice and earned Most Outstanding Player honors.
• Hartford dropped a heartbreaker, 2-1 in double-overtime to UNH its last time out while Stony Brook rallied for a 2-1 win at Binghamton.
Vermont at Binghamton, 7 p.m. -- Live Stats | Live Video
• First-place Vermont (5-4-4, 2-0-1 AE, 7 pts.) and second-place Binghamton (6-6-1, 2-1-0 AE, 6 pts.) square off in Vestal Saturday.
• Vermont tied Boston U., 0-0, Wednesday while Binghamton fell to Stony Brook, 2-1.
• The league's top scorer and one of its top goaltenders will go head-to-head in this one. The Bearcats' Jake Keegan leads the league in points (21) and goals (nine) while the Catamounts' Conor Leland paces the way in save percentage (.825).