East men's soccer season hits its halfway mark on Sunday as New Hamphshire hosts Albany. Saturday's action featured two one-goal games and a convincing result.
Saturday, October 13
at UMBC 5, Boston U. 1 -- Box Score | Recap | Highlights
(6-4-4, 1-2-1 AE, 4 pts.) exploded for five goals, including four in the second half, to earn its first America East win of the season, a 5-1 victory over Boston U. (4-6-4, 1-1-2 AE, 5 pts) in front of 1,444 fans Saturday.
• Pete Caringi III tallied a career-high eight points, scoring three goals and adding two assists. The eight points are the most for an America East player since Stony Brook's Chris Megaloudis accomplished the feat on Sept. 11, 2005.
Caringi III tallied a career-high eight points, scoring three goals and
adding two assists. The eight points are the most for an America East
player since Stony Brook's Chris Megaloudis accomplished the feat on
Sept. 11, 2005.
• Parker Powell brought Boston U. within one with his goal in the 68th minute, but the Retrievers responded with three scores in a 5:10 span to seal the outcome.
Stony Brook 2, at Hartford 1 -- Box Score | Recap | Highlights
West Hartford, Conn.
• Stony Brook (9-3-1, 3-1-0, 9
pts.) stayed within one point of first play in the conference standings and improved to 5-1 on the road this season with its 2-1 win at Hartford (6-7-1, 0-3-1 AE, 1 pt.) Saturday.
• Leonardo Fernandes tallied the game winner in the 73rd minute on a blast from 25 years out. He is tied for the league lead with 21 points and has eight goals on the season.
• The Seawolves' Raphael Abreu scored for the second straight game, his third of the year, in the 25th minute while the Hawks' Anthony Santaga tallied his sixth of the season in 63rd minute to tie the game.
• Stony Brook improved to 16-1-1 under head coach Ryan Anatol when scoring the game's first goal.
Vermont 1, at Binghamton 0 (2OT) -- Box Score | Recap
• Vermont (6-4-4, 3-0-1 AE, 10 pts.) maintained its hold on first place with its fifth shutout of the season, a 1-0 double-overtime win at Binghamton (6-7-1, 2-2-0 AE, 6 pts.) Saturday.
• Joe Losier converted a penalty kick in the 104th minute to deliver the win. He has six scores on the year and is 5-for-5 on penalty kicks.
• Binghamton outshot Vermont, 16-6, but Catamount goalkeeper Conor Leland made seven stops and extended his shutout streak to 238:26.
league's top scorer and one of its top goaltenders will go head-to-head
in this one. The Bearcats' Jake Keegan leads the league in points (21)
and goals (nine) while the Catamounts' Conor Leland paces the way in
save percentage (.825).
Sunday, October 14
Albany at New Hampshire, 2 p.m. -- Live Stats | Live Video
• Two teams coming off crucial comeback wins meet in Durham when New Hampshire (5-4-3, 1-1-1 AE, 4 pts.) hosts Albany (3-9, 1-2-0 AE, 3 pts.)
• Albany scored twice in the final 15 minutes to erase a one-goal deficit and defeat UMBC Wednesday while UNH tied Hartford with just 1:06 left in regulation and David Schlatter headed home the game winner in the 104th minute.
• Goalkeepers Travis Worra (.808) and Tim Allen rank second and fourth, respectively, in save percentage (.773) in save percentage.