East men's soccer season hit its halfway mark on Sunday. Vermont leads the way with 10 points, just one ahead of Stony Brook, with four games left to play.
Sunday, October 14
Albany 3, at New Hampshire 1 -- Box Score | Recap
• After losing eight straight, Albany (4-9, 2-2-0 AE, 6 pts.) posted its second straight win Sunday, a 3-1 victory over New Hampshire (5-5-3, 1-2-1 AE, 4 pts.), to move into a tie for third place in the America East standings.
• Freshman Kristian Alexieff tallied the game winner for the second straight game with his score in the 72nd minute.
• Great Dane goalkeeper TIm allen made eight stops.
Saturday, October 13
at UMBC 5, Boston U. 1 -- Box Score | Recap | Highlights
(6-4-4, 1-2-1 AE, 4 pts.) exploded for five goals, including four in
the second half, to earn its first America East win of the season, a 5-1
victory over Boston U. (4-6-4, 1-1-2 AE, 5 pts) in front of 1,444 fans
• Pete Caringi III tallied a career-high eight points, scoring three
goals and adding two assists. The eight points are the most for an
America East player since Stony Brook's Chris Megaloudis accomplished
the feat on Sept. 11, 2005.
Caringi III tallied a career-high eight points, scoring three goals and
adding two assists. The eight points are the most for an America East
player since Stony Brook's Chris Megaloudis accomplished the feat on
Sept. 11, 2005.
Powell brought Boston U. within one with his goal in the 68th minute,
but the Retrievers responded with three scores in a 5:10 span to seal
Stony Brook 2, at Hartford 1 -- Box Score | Recap | Highlights
West Hartford, Conn.
Brook (9-3-1, 3-1-0, 9
pts.) stayed within one point of first play in the conference standings
and improved to 5-1 on the road this season with its 2-1 win at Hartford (6-7-1, 0-3-1 AE, 1 pt.) Saturday.
• Leonardo Fernandes tallied the game winner in the 73rd minute on a
blast from 25 years out. He is tied for the league lead with 21 points
and has eight goals on the season.
Seawolves' Raphael Abreu scored for the second straight game, his third
of the year, in the 25th minute while the Hawks' Anthony Santaga
tallied his sixth of the season in 63rd minute to tie the game.
• Stony Brook improved to 16-1-1 under head coach Ryan Anatol when scoring the game's first goal.
Vermont 1, at Binghamton 0 (2OT) -- Box Score | Recap
• Vermont (6-4-4,
3-0-1 AE, 10 pts.) maintained its hold on first place with its fifth
shutout of the season, a 1-0 double-overtime win at Binghamton (6-7-1,
2-2-0 AE, 6 pts.) Saturday.
• Joe Losier converted a penalty kick in the 104th minute to deliver
the win. He has six scores on the year and is 5-for-5 on penalty kicks.
Binghamton outshot Vermont, 16-6, but Catamount goalkeeper Conor Leland
made seven stops and extended his shutout streak to 238:26.
league's top scorer and one of its top goaltenders will go head-to-head
in this one. The Bearcats' Jake Keegan leads the league in points (21)
and goals (nine) while the Catamounts' Conor Leland paces the way in
save percentage (.825).