Volleyball Begins Second Half of the Season This Weekend
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The America East volleyball regular-season is halfway done and teams start playing each other for a second time this weekend. It's a light conference schedule, with just one match each day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Friday, October 19
Binghamton (7-15, 4-2 AE) at UMBC (10-13, 3-3 AE), 7 p.m.
- The Bearcats swept the Retrievers in the first match-up of the season on opening night back on Sept. 21.
- Binghamton leads the conference in hitting percentage at .205.
- UMBC has been one of the top defensive teams in the league, leading the conference in blocks with a 2.16 per set average.
Saturday, October 20
New Hampshire (12-10, 4-2 AE) at Providence
(1-23, 0-6 AE), 4 p.m.
- The Wildcats swept the Friars back in the conference-opener for both teams on Sept. 22.
- New Hampshire has lost back-to-back matches after starting conference play, 4-0. The Wildcats lead the America east in kills per set (12.67) and assists (11.73).
- Providence;s Cassie Muzzonigro is fourth in the conference in digs at 4.12 per set.
Sunday October 21
- Albany topped Hartford, 3-1, in both teams' conference opener on Sept. 23.
- The Great Danes sit atop the America East with a perfect 6-0 mark. The squad has won 49 of its last 52 conference matches.
- The Hawks are coming off a big win against New Hampshire, beating the Wildcats for the first time since 1996.