UNH Secures Top Seed for League Tourney; Albany, Maine, Fairfield Lock Up Bids
For the third straight year, New Hampshire has secured at least a share of the America East field hockey regular-season title and the top seed for the upcoming America East Championship as the Wildcats defeated Boston University, 1-0, Friday to earn the feat. The rest of the tournament field was also decided as Albany, Maine and Fairfield secured bids.
Saturday, October 20
at #23 Albany 1, Maine 0 – Box Score| Recap
• Corrine McConville scored her 11th goal of the season to lift Albany (9-7, 2-2 AE) to a 1-0 win Saturday over Maine (9-7, 2-2 AE).
• McConville scored in the 13th minute off a feed from Laura Page and Jessica Longstreth.
• Albany outshot Maine 15-6 and had seven penalty corners to the Black Bears' three.
• Kristi Troch made three saves to record her league-leading fourth shutout of the year.
• Both teams earned bids to the conference championship.
at Fairfield 3, Vermont 2 (OT) – Box Score| Recap
• Fairfield (9-8, 1-3 AE) secured its first-ever America East Championship bid with a 3-2 overtime win against Vermont (1-15, 0-4 AE) Saturday.
• Hillary Fitts gave the Stags the win with her goal 17 seconds into overtime.
• Lindsey Hatch had a goal and an assist for Fairfield while Christy Starsinic also scored.
• Callie Bellimer and Angie DeBellis scored for the Catamounts.
Friday, October 19
at #22 New Hampshire 1, #13 Boston U. 0 – Box Score| Recap | Highlights
• UNH (8-7, 4-0 AE) earned at least a share of the America East regular-season crown Friday with its 1-0 win over Boston U. (9-6, 3-1 AE).
• The Wildcats Lynne Lehman scored her fourth goal of the year amidst traffic in front of the cage in the 10th minute to deliver the lone goal of the game.
• UNH's Carlie Tarbell made nine saves to record her first shutout of the season.
• The Wildcats earned at least a share of the regular-season title for the third straight year and can earn the top seed for the America East Championship with an Albany win over Main Saturday.