Forrest's Double-Double Helps New Hampshire Sweep Providence Saturday
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Victoria Forrest had a double-double and Morgan Thatcher had a match-high 15 kills as New Hampshire swept Providence for the second time this year on Saturday.
Saturday, October 20
New Hampshire (13-10, 5-2 AE) 3, at Providence (1-24,
0-7 AE) 0
(25-12, 25-16, 25-20)
- New Hampshire swept Providence for the second time this season on Saturday.
- Victoria Forrest had a double-double with 10 kills and 12 digs, while Morgan Thatcher had a match-high 15 kills.
- New Hampshire hit .314 as a team for the match as Taylor Dunklau handed out 38 assists.
- Colleen Mccollum led the Friars with 12 kills.
at UMBC (11-13, 4-3 AE) 3, Binghamton (7-16,
4-3 AE) 1
- The Retrievers earned a split of the season series with the Bearcats with a, 3-1, win on Friday night. Binghamton won the first meeting between the two teams on Sept. 21.
- Both teams hit well, with UMBC recording a .293 hitting percentage and Binghamton hitting .254.
- The Retrievers had three players in double-digit kills, with Hannah Schmidt leading the way with 19 kills and nine digs. Katie Kelly had 14 kills and hit .419.
- Kristin Hovie led Binghamton with 13 kills and nine digs.
- Binghamton jumped-out to a 10-6 lead in the first set, but UMBC responded with seven-straight points and never trailed again in the frame.
- The Bearcats also led early in the second set (8-7), but UMBC scored 17 of the final 24 points to go up, 2-0, in the match.
Sunday October 21
- Albany topped Hartford, 3-1, in both teams' conference opener on Sept. 23.
- The Great Danes sit atop the America East with a perfect 6-0 mark. The squad has won 49 of its last 52 conference matches.
- The Hawks are coming off a big win against New Hampshire, beating the Wildcats for the first time since 1996.