Three Teams Fight for Final Two Spots in Women’s Lacrosse Championship
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The final two spots in the 2013 America East Women’s Lacrosse Championship will come down to the final day of the regular-season as New Hampshire, UMBC and Vermont are all in contention.
Stony Brook has clinched the No. 1 seed and at-least a share of the America East regular-season crown and will host the championship beginning May 3. Albany will be the No. 2 seed in the championship.
Here’s what we know:
- Stony Brook is the No. 1 seed and will host the championship. Albany is the No. 2 seed.
- Vermont will clinch a spot in the championship with a win or a loss by Binghamton. The Catamounts are the No. 3 seed with a win.
- The winner of the New Hampshire at UMBC game will be in the championship as either the No. 3 or No. 4 seed. The winner will be the No. 3 seed with a Vermont loss and a No. 4 seed with a Vermont win.
- Rachael Burek is tied for the record in conference games in assists with 22 and needs six points to break the conference points record (37).
- Burek also ranks third in single season assists in all games with 47. The record is 59.
- Kathleen Lennon has 89 draw controls which ranks sixth in a single season. The all-time record is 100.
- Katherine Hunsberger needs eight draw controls to break the record for draw controls in a season in conference games (40).
- Demmianne Cook ranks fifth in goals in a single season with 69. The all-time record is 91.
- Frankie Caridi’s 5.60 goals against average is the best in conference history in all games.