Binghamton's Church, Stony Brook's New Net Women's Soccer Honors
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – America East teams continue to play at a high level through the first two weeks of the season, with three unbeaten teams including Maine, Stony Brook and Hartford while Binghamton went 2-0 this week. Here is a look at the week two award winners:
Player of the Week
Stephani Church, So., Binghamton
- Had one goal and one assist to help Binghamton to a 2-0 week with wins over Iona and Manhattan.
- Scored the game-winning goal in a 1-0 overtime victory over Iona. It was the first goal of her collegiate career.
- Assisted on game-winning goal to beat Manhattan.
Rookie of the Week
Maxie New, Fr., Stony Brook
- Scored the game-winning goal in the 73rd minute in a 2-1 win over NJIT on Sunday, helping Stony Brook to a 2-0 week and a 3-0-1 start to the season.
- The goal was New’s second of her collegiate career. She is third in the conference in points with five.
Around the League
- The 13-13-3 start for the America East is the best combined record since 2002-03 season.
- Maine is 3-0-0 for the first time since 2004 after defeating Central Connecticut State last week.
- Stony Brook’s Larissa Nysch (3 goals), Stella Norman (1 goal, 3 assists) and Maxie New (2 goals, 1 assist) are the top three scorers in the league.