Albany's Morgan, Heuser Earn Weekly Honors
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The 2013 America East field hockey season kicked off over the weekend six America East teams playing at least once. Reigning champion Albany came away with two wins and two Great Danes earned the first weekly awards:
Player of the Week
Liza Morgan, So., Albany
- Racked up five goals in two Albany wins last week.
- Scored three times in the Great Danes' 8-0 win at Bryant Friday and tallied two more in a 4-1 win at Providence Saturday.
- The five goals are more than she tallied all of last season (four goals).
Rookie of the Week
Paula Heuser, Fr., Albany
- Tallied a goal and three assists in her first two college contests over the weekend.
- Scored and had an assist in Albany's win at Bryant Friday.
- Set up two of the Great Danes' four goals in a win at Providence Saturday.
Around the League
- Albany's 2-0 start is its first since 2010.
- Fairfield opened its season with a 2-1 win at Lehigh Friday.
- UMass Lowell made its debut as a Division I program Monday, falling to Northwestern, 3-0.