Binghamton's Raber Earns WSOC Player of the Week
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Binghamton continued its winning ways with a 2-0 week to extend its winning streak to four and improve to 4-1 in America East women’s soccer action last week. Four America East teams have just one loss in Stony Brook, Binghamton, Maine and Hartford through three weeks of play. Here is a look at the week three award winners:
Player of the Week
Rebecca Raber, So., Binghamton
- Finished with four points in a 2-0-0 week for Binghamton, helping extend the Bearcats’ winning streak to four games.
- Tallied a goal and an assist in the team’s 2-0 win over Lafayette Friday, assisting on the eventual game-winner and netting the insurance goal.
- Assisted on the game-winning goal in a 3-1 win over Niagara.
- Played a part in three of the Bearcats’ five goals during the week.
Rookie of the Week
Leah Yurko, Fr., Stony Brook
- Scored the game-winning goal in the 73rd minute on Sunday against Siena in a 3-1 Seawolves win.
- Yurko scored on a header in the box after a long ball by senior Ahriel Fernandez
- The goal put SBU up 2-1, before an insurance tally by freshman Lindsay Hutchinson extended the lead four minutes later.
Around the League
- UMBC defeated Robert Morris on Friday night for the team’s first home win since Aug. 20, 2010. The Retrievers surpassed their win total from the past two seasons combined.
- Stony Brook’s Larissa Nysch (4 goals, 2 assists) and Stella Norman (2 goals, 4 assists) are the top two scorers in the league.
- Binghamton, Maine and Hartford have allowed just three goals through their first five games.