Cullenberg, Keown Earn Awards for Week#2
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Six America East teams remain ranked by the USTFCCCA Regional Polls as AE runners continue to finish at impressive paces. Here are this week’s top Performers of the Week:
Men’s Performer of the Week
Kelton Cullenberg, Sr., Maine
- Topped a field of 65 runners with a 6200 meter course time of 19:15.25.
- Helped Maine finish second at the UMass Invitational, just six points behind Connecticut, besting Massachusetts, Boston College, Vermont and Amherst.
- The win was Cullenberg’s first of the season.
- Maine is now regionally ranked 12th in the USTFCCCA DI Northeast Region, knocking AE foe Stony Brook down a couple of pegs in the rankings.
Around the League
- UMBC’s Hassan Omar finished first for the Retrievers at the Navy Invitational for the first time in his career, for a personal-best 8k time of 24:54.09. The time vaults him up to fourth all-time in UMBC’s record book.
- Vermont’s Dan Moroney placed sixth overall in a field of 65 with a 6200 meter time of 19:33.52 for the best finish of his career.
- Stony Brook’s Men’s team remains in the USTFCCCA Northeast Regional rankings, but drops two spots to No. 14.
- UMBC moves up a notch in the USTFCCCA Mid-Atlantic Regional rankings to No. 13.
Women’s Performer of the Week
Annie Keown, Sr., Stony Brook
Auckland, New Zealand
- Finished fifth overall in the Stony Brook Wolfie Invite with a 5k time of 18:37.99.
- Placed just behind runners from a pair of top-tier teams in Providence and Columbia, who currently sit atop the USTFCCCA Northeast Regional rankings at No. 1 and No. 7, respectively. Providence was also the 2012 National Champion in Women’s Cross Country.
- The Seawolves finished third behind Providence and Columbia.
- Stony Brook’s women’s team currently ranks at No. 12 in the regional polls.
Around the League
- UMBC’s Nicole Dawson finished first for the Retrievers at the Salty Dog Invitational with a 6k time of 21:58.88, a personal-best that now sits at sixth all-time in UMBC program history.
- Vermont’s Kirsten Weberg ran a time of 17:49.10 for seventh place out of 74 entrants. The Catamounts had four runners finish in the top-15 on the women's side, to help the team to a third place finish.
- Vermont and New Hampshire are also ranked in the most recent USTFCCCA Northeast Regional rankings at No. 13 and 14, respectively.
2013 America East Men's and Women's Weekly Award Winners
Sept. 17 – Men’s Performer of the Week: Kelton Cullenberg, Maine
Women's Performer of the Week: Annie Keown, Stony Brook
10 – Men's Performer of the Week: Eric Schuler, UMBC
Women's Performer of the Week: Brittney Lane, Albany