Men's Soccer League Play Starts Friday
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - America East men's soccer teams combined for a .554 win percentage during the non-conference portion of the schedule and will now battle each other as conference play begins this weekend. Three of the four games will air on AmericaEast.TV.
Friday, October 4
- Stony Brook has won two of its last three games, including a 1-0 win over reigning CAA champion Northeastern its last time out.
- The Seawolves' Will Casey earned America East Player of the Week honors on Monday and leads the Seawolves with four goals.
- The Great Danes fell to Dartmouth, 2-1, their last time out.
- Four of Albany's six losses have been by one goal.
Saturday, October 5
Binghamton (2-6-2) at Vermont (6-1-3) - 1 p.m.
- Vermont has lost just once in 10 games this season and is ranked eighth in the NSCAA Northeast region.
- The Catamounts have allowed just five goals all year and rank second in the conference with a 0.54 team GAA.
- Binghamton fell to St. Bonaventure its last time out and is looking to snap a five game winless streak (0-4-1).
- UNH enters conference play having won five of its last seven games outscorring foes 9-4 in the span.
- The Wildcats rank third in the conference with a 0.60 team GAA.
- This is UMass Lowell's first-ever America East contest.
- The River Hawk's Homero Morais ranks third among league leaders with 12 points.
- These two teams have combined for a 16-2-2 record entering Saturday's tilt.
- UMBC, the 7th-ranked team in the nation, had its 18-game unbeaten streak snapped Wednesday.
- Hartford is ranked seventh in the NSCAA Northeast region and has lost just once in 10 games this year.
- This contest pits one of the nation's top scoring teams against one of the best defensive. UMBC is scoring 2.8 goals per game while Hartford allows only 0.44.