Two America East Field Hockey Contests Saturday
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Three America East field hockey teams start conference play on Saturday with Albany visiting Maine in a rematch of last year's conference semifinals and Vermont hosting Fairfield.
Saturday, October 5
- Albany opens America East play after suffering its first loss of the season its last time out, a 2-1 defeat to #6 Stanford Sunday.
- The Great Danes, the 12th-ranked team in the nation, lead the country in team GAA (0.80) and are second in goals per game (4.70 gpg).
- Maine is riding a three-game win streak and looking to move to 2-0 in America East play after beating UMass Lowell last weekend.
- This is the 17th meeting between the two teams with each squad winning eight times previously, including the last two by Albany.
Fairfield (8-2, 0-0 AE) at Vermont (0-10) - 1 p.m.
- Fairfield enters conference play riding a five-game win streak.
- Vermont is seeking its first win of the season.
- The Catamounts hold a 7-6 all-time series edge but the Stags have won the last five get togethers.