UVM, UNH Split Week #2 Swimming & Diving Awards
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Vermont and New Hampshire went head-to-head in a meet at the Wildcat’s home this past weekend, in which UNH was victorious. Here’s a look at this week’s awards:
Swimmer of the Week
Lauren McCandless, Sr., New Hampshire
- Tallied two first-place and one third-place individual performances to help UNH to a home-win over America East foe Vermont.
- Clocked in at 2:02.03 in the 200-yard fly and 5:03.61 in the 500-yard free for first-place wins, while placing third in the 100-yard butterfly (59.63).
- McCandless was part of a quartet that took third in the 500-yard freestyle relay, collecting a time of 1:51.44.
- Currently ranks 28th (200-yard fly) and 137th (500-yard free) on CollegeSwimming.com in her most recent top-two performances among Division I swimmers.
Diver of the Week
Rebecca Schreiber, Sr., Vermont
Cape Coral, Fla.
- Notched her first victory of the year with a win in the three-meter dive with a score of 228.08.
- Earned a point for the Catamounts in the one-meter dive.
Around the League
- Vermont’s Christa Weaver collected a pair of first-place victories in the 50 and 100-free, for a team-leading six victories on the year.
- UMBC’s Talor Tadena won the 50 and 100-yard free events in UMBC's meet against Navy.
- Corinna Darelius of UMBC claimed the top-spot in the three-meter competition against Navy.
- UNH’s Nicole Zahka competed in the one-meter and three-meter boards, tallying two second place finishes
2013 America East Swimming and Diving Weekly Award Winners
Oct. 15 – Swimmer of the Week: Jenna Bull, New Hampshire
Diver of the Week: Nicole Zahka, New Hampshire
22 - Swimmer of the Week: Lauren McCandless, New Hampshire
Diver of the Week: Rebecca Schreiber, Vermont