New Hampshire Men's Basketball Team Capsule
Each weekday through Oct. 29, an America East men's basketball team will be profiled on AmericaEast.com with a team capsule, head coach interview and info graphics.
Head Coach: Bill Herrion
Year at School: 9th
2012-13 Record: 9-20, 5-11 AE
Finish: T-7th (No. 7 seed, 0-1)
Letterwinners Returning/Lost: 9/4
Starters Returning/Lost: 3/2
Top Returnees: Patrick Konan, Sr., 11.8 ppg, 5.4 rpg in 12-13
Brett Roseboro, Sr., 9.1 ppg, 6.3 rpg in 12-13
- UNH was picked fifth by America East's head coaches as it returns nine letterwinners and three starters from last season's squad.
- Senior forward Patrick Konan leads the returnees after ranking in the league’s top 15 in both scoring (12th - 11.8 ppg) and rebounding (15th - 5.4 rpg) last year.
- Senior Chris Pelcher (9.1 ppg, 6.3 rpg) teams with Konan to help form one of the better front courts in the conference.
- Pelcher ranked third among league leaders in field goal percentage (.534) last season.
- New Hampshire was the best team in the country at limiting the three-point shot last year, finishing first in the country in three-point field goal percentage defense by holding foes to just 28.1 percent shooting from deep.
- Overall, UNH ranked third in the league holding foes to 40.8 shooting from the floor.
- Head coach Bill Herrion, who enters his eighth year at UNH and 23rd in America East (15 at Drexel), became the league's all-time leader in conference wins last season and currently stands at 155.
- Herrion is the conference's all-time leader with 21 championship wins, and is tied for second with three America East titles.
- UNH opens up against Suffolk on Nov. 8