#AEFH League Play Wraps Up This Weekend
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The America East field hockey regular season wraps up with three games this weekend. While the four teams that will compete in the 2013 America East Championship are known, as are the top two seeds, Maine and Fairfield are still fighting for the No. 3 seed entering the final weekend of the season. The America East Championship will take place Nov. 7-9 at New Hampshire.
Friday, November 1
- Winner of six of seven and 10 of its last 12, 20th-ranked UNH faces Fairfield Friday.
- The Wildcats have clinched at least a share of the America East regular-season tite and No. 1 seed for upcoming America East Championship.
- UNH can secure an outright regular-season crown with a win.
- A win Saturday would give Fairfield its most victories since 2001.
- The Stags will make their second-ever America East Championship appearance and can earn the No. 3 seed with a win and a Maine loss to Vermont.
Saturday, November 2
- Maine and Vermont meet in Orono Saturday.
- The Black Bears have won five straight and 11 of 12 in the series.
- Maine can clinch the No. 3 seed for the championship with a win or a Fairfield loss.
- Albany and UMass Lowell square off Saturday.
- The Great Danes have wrapped up the No. 2 seed for the tournament for third time in four years.
- Albany ranks third nationally in scoring margin in scoring average (4.28 GPG).
- UMass Lowell has wins over St. Francis (Pa.) and Vermont this season.