#AEMSOC Play Rolls On This Weekend
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - America East men's soccer teams combined for a .554 win percentage during the non-conference portion of the schedule and will now battle each other as conference play begins this weekend. Three of the four games will air on AmericaEast.TV.
Saturday, October 26
UMass Lowell (3-12-0, 1-3-0, 3 pts. AE) at Vermont (8-3-3, 2-2-0, 6 pts. - 1 p.m.
- UMass Lowell and Vermont meet for the first time ever Saturday at Virtue Field, where UVM is 5-1-1 this season.
- The Catamounts are ranked 6th in the NSCAA Northeast region.
- Vermont is second in the league averaging 1.4 goals per game while UMass Lowell is sixth (1.1 GPG).
- Two of the league's top goal scorers will be featured Saturday as the River Hawks' Homero Morais is second in the league (7G) and UVM's Brian Wright is tied for third (6G).
- Seventh-ranked UMBC heads to Vestal for a matchup with Binghamton and is unbeaten (3-0-1) in its last four meetings with the Bearcats.
- Binghamton holds a slight 6-5-2 series edge.
- UMBC is coming off a 1-0 win over UNH while Binghamton fell at Columbia, 2-1 Wednesday.
- Binghamton's last win over a ranked opponent came in 2003.
- UMBC can lock up a spot in the America East Championship with a win or losses or ties by Albany, Hartford or Stony Brook.
- Albany hosts UNH in the second of four-straight home games for the Great Danes.
- The two teams met in the quarterfinals of last year's America East Championship and UNH advanced to the semis after winning a shootout.
- UNH is allowing just 0.53 goals per game, the least in the league, but Albany has scored six times in its last five games.
- The Wildcats have won four of their last five overall and six of eight.
Sunday, October 27
- The Seawolves and Hawks enter Sunday tied in the league standings with four points.
- Both teams are coming off non-league wins as Stony Brook beat Lehigh, 3-0, Tuesday and Hartford downed Northeastern, 2-0.
- Hartford is ranked 8th in the NSCAA Northeast region.
- The Hawks are tied for second in goals per game (1.27 GPG) while Stony Brook is fourth (1.21 GPG).