UNH Tops the #AEVB Standings, SBU, UMBC in 2nd
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - New Hampshire remained in first place with a one-match lead over second-place Stony Brook and UMBC with three weekends remaining in America East volleyball action. Here is a look at Saturday and Sunday's matches:
New Hampshire 3 at Providence 0
- New Hampshire held a one-game lead on first place with a straight-set win over Providence.
- Morgan Thatcher led the Wildcats with 18 kills on a .419 attack percentage as New Hampshire outhit Providence .234-.108.
- New Hampshire had 69 digs inlcuding 12 from Tori Forrest who notched a double-double.
Sunday, Nov. 3
at Hartford 3, UMass Lowell 0
- The Hawks notched a .303 hitting percentage as Hartford defeated UMass Lowell, 3-0, to sweep the season series.
- Sareeta Nethersole led Hartford with 11 kills and nine digs as the Hawks recorded 53 digs in the match.
- The Hawks held UMass Lowell to an .058 hitting percentage.
at Stony Brook 3, Binghamton 2
- Stony Brook battled back from a 2-1 deficit to top the Bearcats, 3-2, and remain in a tie for second the UMBC in the standings.
- Katilin Costello had 22 kills on a .432 hitting percentage to go with 12 digs for a double-double to lead the Seawolves.
- Megan Burgess led Binghamton with 16 kills and a .448 hitting percentage.
- Binghamton won a back-and-forth third set, 26-24, to take a 2-1 lead before Stony Brook battled back for wins in the final two sets.
at UMBC 3, Albany 2
- UMBC completed its first season sweep of Albany in program history with a five-set win over the Great Danes on Senior Day.
- The Retrievers have won three-straight over Albany after going 1-19 in the first 20 meetings.
- Albany outhit (.204-.152), had more digs (104-89) and blocks (15-9) than the Retrievers in the match.
- Krystal Mlemchukwu and Alic Goc had 15 kills each to lead UMBC while Mallory McIntyre had 58 assists and 12 digs for the double-double.
- Albany tied the match at 2-2 after falling behind 2-1, but UMBC took the tiebreak, 15-10.