UNH Clinches Playoff Spot; UA, Binghamton, SBU Win Friday
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – New Hampshire became the first team to clinch a spot in the America East Championship with a straight-set win over UMBC on Friday night. Stony Brook, Albany and Binghamton also earned wins in straight sets on Friday. Here is a look at Friday's matches with a preview of Saturday and Sunday:
Stony Brook 3 at UMass Lowell 0
- Stony Brook swept UMass Lowell to take both matches in the season series.
- The Seawolves hit .315 while holding the River Hawks to .147.
- Stephanie McFadden led Stony Brook with nine kills.
at Albany 3, Providence 0
- Albany swept Providence to hold a two-game lead on Binghamton for the final playoff spot with three matches to play.
- The Great Danes held the Friars to .031 hitting in the match.
- Samantha Brostrom had eight kills and 10 digs to lead Albany.
at New Hampshire 3, UMBC 0
- New Hampshire beat UMBC in straight-sets to sweep the season series and become the first team to clinch a spot in the America East Championship.
- Morgan Thatcher led the Wildcats with 12 kills and a .455 hitting percentage.
- UMBC is tied with Albany for third-place with Binghamton sitting two-games back for the final playoff spot.
at Binghamton 3, Hartford 0
- Binghamton stands two games behind Albany for the final playoff spot after sweeping Hartford Friday night.
- Grace Vickers led the Bearcats with 11 kills and a .400 hitting percentage.
- The Bearcats host Providence in a quick turnaround on Saturday afternoon.
Saturday, Nov. 9
Providence at Binghamton, 3 p.m. - Watch live on AmericaEast.TV