UNH Earns Share of #AEVB Title Sunday
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - New Hampshire clinched at-least a share of its first America East regular-season title since 2003 on Sunday with a straight-set win over Stony Brook. The Wildcats have the inside track to host the 2013 America East Championship with just one weekend remaining. UMBC, Stony Brook and Albany are all tied for second, with Binghamton two matches behind for the final spot in the America East Championship.
Saturday, Nov. 9
at Binghamton 3, Providence 0
- Binghamton hit a season-best .362 en route to a straight-set victory over Providence
- Three Bearcats notched double-figure kills, led by Grace Vickers who had 13 and hit .632.
- Kayla Fitzgerald led Providence with 10 kills and 11 digs.
- Hannah Schmidt led UMBC with 11 kills as the Retrievers swept UMass Lowell.
- Mallory McIntyre had her ninth double-double of the season with 27 assists and a match-high 14 digs.
- Anisa Smith paced UMass Lowell with seven kills.
- New Hampshire swept Stony Brook to earn at-least a share of its first America East regular-season title since 2003. The Wildcats and Seawolves split the season series.
- The Wildcats have won five-straight and have yet to drop a set in an America East match since Oct. 20 at Albany.
- Tori Forrest had 14 kills while Morgan Thatcher added 13 to pace New Hampshire.
- Taylor Gillie led Stony Brook with seven kills.
at Albany 3, Hartford 1