Underclassmen Grab Week 2 #AETEN Weekly Honors
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Week two of the America East men’s and women’s tennis awards feature a pair of underclassmen as the weekly winners. The men’s Player of the Week honor goes to UMBC sophomore Eliott Loubatie, while rookie Annie DiMuro of Binghamton takes home the women’s award. Here’s at a look at this week’s recognitions:
Men’s Tennis Player of the Week
Eliott Loubatie, So., UMBC
- Earned the clinching point in singles for three consecutive matches.
- Improved to 5-3 in singles off a 2-0 week.
- Blanked a Bucknell Bison duo 8-0 at No. 3 doubles with partner Kamal Patel.
- Defeated Octavio Canibe in a pair of 6-3, 6-1 wrap up decisions.
- Clinched the match for the Retrievers versus Howard’s Laguna Foster at the No. 4 position (6-0, 6-1).
- UMBC is on a four-match winning streak.
Women’s Tennis Player of the Week
Annie DiMuro, Fr., Binghamton
- Accumulated five victories over the weekend.
- Posted 3-0 singles and 2-1 doubles records.
- Won at Niagara 6-2, 6-2 and followed with a comeback performance the following day with a three-set victory over Buffalo.
- Her win against Buffalo earned the Bearcats their lone point over the Bulls on Saturday.
- Won in both her double and singles victory over Colgate.
- Improved her dual record to 5-2 and her overall record to 12-7 in singles.
Around the League
- The Binghamton women capped off their three-match road trip with a 7-0 sweep of Colgate on Sunday.
- The UMBC women’s tennis team defeated Howard, 4-0, in their return to the courts after a two-week break.
- The Hartford Hawks are on hold until the end of March.
- Albany women currently stand at 5-5 on the season.
- The Stony Brook men are 3-2, while the women’s team has posted a 3-3 mark so far this season.
America East Tennis Players of the Week
Feb. 25 – Men’s Player of the Week: Ismael Dinia, Binghamton
Women’s Player of the Week: Polina Movchan, Stony Brook
March 4 – Men’s Player of the Week: Eliott Loubatie, UMBC
Women’s Player of the Week: Annie DiMuro, Binghamton