#AEWLAX Opens Conference Play Saturday
America East women's lacrosse conference play opens on Saturday with three games, all at 1 p.m. All three games will be available live for free on AmericaEast.TV on PCs and mobile devices. Here's a look at the opening weekend games:
- Binghamton has already set a new school record with six wins this season. The Bearcats are led by Bri Arthur who has 30 goals on the season.
- Albany entered the national rankings this week at No. 20 in the IWLCA Poll and No. 18 in the deBeer Media Poll.
- Rachel Bowles leads the conference with 5.5 points per game, which ranks second in the country.
- The reigning America East champion Stony Brook Seawolves are the preseason pick to take home the crown again in 2014.
- The Seawolves have the No. 2 scoring defense in the country allowing just 5.44 goals per game, behind preseason All-America goalkeeper Frankie Caridi. The Seawolves are ranked No. 18 in the IWLCA poll and No. 16 in the deBeer Media Poll.
- UMBC enters the game on a three-game winning streak with an overall record of 5-4. Kristen Bilney paces three Retrievers in double-digit scoring with 15 goals.
- Vermont has already tied its record for most wins in a single season, entering conference play with a 9-2 record.
- The Catamounts rank second in the nation in scoring at 16.90 goals per game. Sydney Mas leads the attack with 44 goals, tallying her 200th of her career last time out against Dartmouth.
- New Hampshire has won three of its last four and four of its last six entering conference play.
- Sophomore Laura McHoul has made her name as the key playmaker in Durham with 20 assists, ranking 12th in the country.