#AEMLAX Play Begins This Weekend
Conference play for America East's men's lacrosse teams begins this weekend with one game Friday night and a pair Saturday. All three games will be available live for free on AmericaEast.TV on PCs and mobile devices. Preview the weekend's league openers:
- UMBC and Stony Brook are two of the highest scoring teams in the league as the Retrievers rank second in goals per game (11.8) and Stony Brook is third (11.3).
- UMBC's Matt Gregoire and Stony Brook's Brody Eastwood are tied for second in the league with 26 goals apiece.
- The Retrievers won last year's meeting, 13-12, snapping a three-game losing skid vs. the Seawolves.
- Both teams will try to get back to winning ways as Hartford has dropped two straight and Binghamton had dropped three in a row by a combined four goals.
- The Hawks' Kevin O'Shea is third in the league in points per game (3.67) scoring 23 goals and adding 10 assists while the Bearcats' Matt Springer is eighth (3.29) compiling 20 goals and three assists.
- Hartford has won the last two meetings in the series, including an 11-3 win last year, but Binghamton has won eight of the 12 all-time meetings.
- Vermont has won five of its last six games after an 0-2 start and already had its most wins since 2011.
- #13/15 Albany has wins over then nationally-ranked UMass and Penn State this season.
- Tewaraaton Award candidate Lyle Thompson leads the nation with 48 points while teammate and brother, Miles, is second with 44.
- Vermont freshman Ian MacKay ranks fourth in the league averaging 3.62 points per game and has won three America East Rookie of the Week honors this season.