Albany, SBU, UVM Win #AEWLAX Openers
The first week of women's lacrosse conference play is in the books and Albany, Stony Brook and Vermont each started the conference season 1-0 with wins on Saturday. Recap each of Saturday's games below:
- After falling behind 1-0 early, UAlbany scored 20-straight goals as the Great Danes remained unbeaten on the season with a 22-2 win over Binghamton.
- Senior Allie Phelan and freshman Dakotah Savitcheff led the Great Danes with five goals each.
- Albany improved to 13-0 all-time vs. Binghamton.
- Callon Williams scored both goals for Binghamton.
- The 22 goals were two shy of the America East single-game record.
- Stony Brook improved to 3-0 in conference openers under head coach Joe Spallina with a 12-1 win over UMBC Saturday.
- It was the third time this season that the Seawolves, the No. 2 ranked scoring defense in the country, have held a team to one goal or less.
- Seven different Seawolves recorded a point and six scored goals. Senior attacker Alyssa Cardillo tallied a game-high five points on one goal and four assists.
- Vermont reached double-digit victories for the first time in program history with a 15-12 win over New Hampshire in the team's conference-opener.
- The Catamounts fell behind 1-0 before scoring four-straight goals, the first three in a 71-second span, to claim a lead they would not relinquish.
- UVM built the lead to 9-2 in the first half before UNH mounted a comeback to get within two at 12-10 following a Rachael Nock goal with 13:10 left in the game.
- Neither team scored for a 10-minute span when Erica Etsey broke through for Vermont to put the Catamounts up 13-10 with 3:11 remaining.
- Nock finished with four goals to lead UNH while Marcie Marino finished with the same total to lead UVM.