Albany, Binghamton, UMBC Win #AEMLAX Openers
Conference play in men's lacrosse began this weekend with two one-goal thrillers and a 20-goal performance as Binghamton, UMBC and Albany all got off to 1-0 starts. Recap the weekend's league openers:
- Pat Young's unassisted score with 10 seconds left in overtime gave UMBC (5-4) the win over Stony Brook (4-6).
- Each team had two stretches of scoring at least three straight goals, with Stony Brook jumping out to a 4-0 lead, UMBC bridging the second and third quarter with six-straight scores and both teams going on 3-0 runs in the second half.
- Young and Matt Gregoire each led UMBC with three goals while Brody Eastwood tallied a game-high five tallies for the Seawolves.
Saturday, March 29
Binghamton 11, at Hartford 10
- Binghamton (3-5) scored seven-straight goals to overcome a four-goal deficit and beat Hartford (4-6).
- Matt Springer scored four times to lead the Bearcats while Max Schefler made 12 saves, including five in the fourth quarter.
- Kevin O'Shea's three goals paced the Hawks.
at #13/15 Albany 20, Vermont 9
- Albany (4-4) snapped a two-game losing skid by scoring 20 goals for the second time this season.
- The Great Danes outscored Vermont (5-4) 16-4 after the first quarter.
- Lyle Thompson tallied a game-high seven points (5 goals, 2 assists).
- Graham Horvath had four scores to lead Vermont.