Maine Sweeps UMass Lowell, Other 2 Series Postponed
Weather has affected the weekend's America East softball schedule for the second-straight week. Maine took a doubleheader from UMass Lowell Saturday, but the final game of the series has been postponed. The UMBC-Stony Brook series will consist of a doubleheader Monday while the Albany-Binghamton series was postponed entirely and will be made up at a later date.
Here's a look at the three weekend series:
Stony Brook (10-12, 2-1 AE) at UMBC (20-9, 0-0 AE)
Mon., March 31, 1 p.m./3 p.m. - Live Stats
- UMBC plays its first league games of the year while Stony Brook goes for its second-straight series win.
- UMBC has its best record entering league play since 2006.
- The Retrievers are the top hitting team in the league, batting .291 as a team and averaging 5.5 runs per game.
- Stony Brook took two of three from Albany last weekend behind Allison Cukrov's performance on the mound, which earned her America East Pitcher of the Week honors.
Maine (12-9, 4-1 AE) at UMass Lowell (4-15, 0-2 AE)
Game 1: Maine 9, UMass Lowell 1 - Box Score
Game 2: Maine 12, UMass Lowell 9 - Box Score
- In game one, Maine score three times in the first and twice in the second en route to a 9-1 win.
- Felicia Nelson went 2-for-4 with two RBI and three runs scored while Erin Bogdonovich allowed just one run in six innings while striking out 10.
- In game two, the Black Bears pounded out 15 hits and scored four times in the bottom of the sixth to take the lead.
Binghamton (7-10, 0-0 AE) at Albany (9-7, 1-2 AE)