#AEMLAX Play Continues This Weekend
League play continues this weekend with America East teams slated to compete on Saturday and Sunday. A single contest is scheduled for Saturday and a pair is set for Sunday. All three games will be available live for free on AmericaEast.TV on PCs and mobile devices. Preview the weekend's league openers:
- Stony Brook ranks second in the league in goals a game (11.7) and assist (9.25).
- Vermont sits at third in the league in saves a game (12.44) to go along with a .538 save percentage, backed by Justin Rosenberg who has the second most saves on the season (18 vs. Providence).
- Vermont is looking for its first regular-season victory over the Seawolves.
- Four of the last five regular-season contests between the two teams have been decide by a single goal, including Hartford’s 9-8 win in 2011.
- Albany tops the nation in scoring offence (15.75), average assists a game (9.25) and points per game (25.0).
- Hartford’s Frank Piechota currently leads the league in goals against average, posting a 9.47.
- Hartford’s Kevin O’Shea takes an average 11.7 shots a game and collects 3.30 points per game (26g, 10a) to rank first and third, respectively, among conference leaders.
- Albany brothers Lyle and Miles Thompson sit in the top-two spots in the nation in points per game, tallying an average 6.88 and 6.25ppg, respectively. Lyle leads in assists (4.25), while Miles is first in goals (4.13).
- UMBC is 8-2 in America East play against Binghamton, with the Bearcats two victories coming in 2004 (5-4) and 2012 (15-8).
- Binghamton is third in the league with 7.00 assists a game.
- Both teams opened conference play with identical victories of 12-11. Binghamton defeated Hartford on the road, while UMBC triumphed over Stony Brook at home.
- UMBC ranks third in goals a game (11.33), led by Matt Gregoire who nets an average 3.22 goals per game to rank second in the league.