#AESB Play Rolls On This Weekend
Following a weekend in which just four of a possible nine America East softball contests were played, six teams are hopeful that a full slate of three series will play out. The weekend will kick off on Saturday, with the first contest kicking off at 12 p.m.
Here’s a look at the three weekend series:
UMBC (22-11, 0-2 AE) at Binghamton (9-10, 0-0 AE)
- Binghamton looks to finally jump into league action after the last two scheduled series were postponed due to inclement weather.
- UMBC takes on the Bearcats having lost their first two league games to Stony Brook by one run each (3-2, 2-1).
- The Retrievers are led in the circle by hurler Jessica Holt, who sports a 1.79 ERA over 113.2 innings of work. As of Monday, the rookie led the nation in walks allowed per seven-innings, allowing just seven over the course of the season.
Hartford (6-14, 1-2 AE) at Stony Brook (12-13, 4-1 AE)
- Stony Brook looks to earn its third-straight series win after defeating UMBC in a double header last week.
- The last meeting between the Seawolves and Hawks was in Game No. 4 of the AE Championship last year. Stony Brook, the eventual league champion, went on to win the contest, 6-3.
- Hartford took two of the three games in last year’s regular-season series.
Maine (12-9, 4-1 AE) at Albany (11-7, 1-2 AE)
- Maine swept the weekly awards after defeating UMass Lowell in a double header for their third-consecutive series win.
- Over the past four league contests, Maine has crossed the plate 43 times for three double-digit wins.
- Albany has won 10 of the last 12 regular-season matchups against Maine, including nine-straight in the last three years.