Road Teams Go 3-0 in #AEWLAX Conference Play
Road teams went 3-0 in the second weekend of America East women's lacrosse conference play as New Hampshire, Albany and Stony Brook earned wins. Recap the weekend's action:
- Molly Gaffey and Kayleigh Hinkle each had career offensive days to lead New Hampshire to an, 8-2, road win over UMBC. Gaffey had a goal and three assists while Hinkle scored a game-high four goals to go with a pair of helpers.
- The Wildcats improved to 12-1 lifetime against the Retrievers.
- New Hampshire's defense held UMBC scoreless for the final 53 minutes, 13 seconds. Goalkeeper Taylor Hurwitz had a career-high 12 saves as well as two ground balls and one caused turnover.
- Mackenzie Reese scored both goals for UMBC.
- The Great Danes scored the first two goals of the contest and never trailed. The Catamounts cut the deficit to one with a Jessica Roach goal with 21:09 remaining in the first half. Albany scored the next three and later went on a nine-goal run to seal the win.
- Roach led Vermont with four goals.
- won a season-high nine draw controls against the Catamounts. Anna Berman took the win in the cage with seven saves.
No. 15/15 Stony Brook (10-2, 2-0 AE) 16 at Binghamton (6-6, 0-2 AE) 3