Albany, Binghamton Improve to 2-0 in #AEMLAX Play
Two unbeaten teams remain after the second weekend of America East play in men's lacrosse as Albany and Binghamton earned wins to improve to 2-0. Stony Brook also picked up a win, evening its league record to 1-1. Recap the weekend's action:
Saturday, April 5
at Stony Brook 10, Vermont 7
- Stony Brook (5-7, 1-1 AE) outscored Vermont (5-5, 0-2 AE), 5-1, in the second quarter and 9-4 in the first three quarters to earn its first America East win of the season.
- Freshman goalkeeper Hayden Johnstone made a career-high 19 saves for the Seawolves.
- Mike Rooney had a hat trick to lead SBU while Ian MacKay scored twice to pace UVM.
- Vermont outshot Stony Brook, 42-21.
Sunday, April 6
#16/18 Albany 15, at Hartford 11
- With the game tied 2-2, Albany (5-5, 2-0 AE) scored nine of game's next 10 goals to beat Hartford (4-7, 0-2 AE) and improve to 2-0 in America East play.
- Miles and Lyle Thompson each collected six points with Miles scoring five times and adding an assist and Lyle handing out five assists and scoring once.
- Connor Yatauro led Hartford with three scores.
at Binghamton 13, UMBC 7
- Binghamton (4-6, 2-0 AE) outscored UMBC (5-5, 1-1 AE), 9-1, after halftime en route to improving to 2-0 in league play.
- Tucker Nelson collected a game-high six points (2G, 4A), with five of those coming in the second half.
- Max Schefler made 11 of his 13 saves in the second half for the Bearcats.