#AESB Play Continues With 3 Weekend Series
Nine more America East softball games are slated for this weekend, the midway point of the league schedule. Two of the three series, UMBC at Maine and Albany at Hartford, can be seen on AmericaEast.TV.
Here’s a look at the three weekend series:
UMBC (22-15, 0-5 AE) at Maine (13-11, 5-3 AE)
- Maine, winner of five of its last seven, looks to stay hot as it hosts its first games of season.
- After getting off to a 16-5 start, its best start since 2006, UMBC is just 6-10 in its last 16 games and seeking its first league win.
- Both teams are strong offensively with the Retrievers leading the league in hitting (.278) and the Black Bears ranking third (.270).
- Maine is averaging 6.3 runs per game in league play.
- UMBC's Taylor Hall and Maine's Jessica Burk rank first and second, respectively, in hitting and are separated by just percentage points as both are hitting .414.
Stony Brook (16-14, 7-1 AE) at UMass Lowell (7-18, 0-2 AE)
- After a 4-10 start, Stony Brook is 12-4 over its last 16 games and sits atop the America East standings at 7-1.
- UMass Lowell has played just two conference games thus far due to inclement weather but will play six in a four-day stretch starting Saturday.
- Stony Brook's Bria Greene took home America East Player of the Week honors last week.
- Stony Brook is hitting a league-best .322 in conference games.
- UMass Lowell's Brianna Martin ranks fourth among league leaders hitting .354.
Albany (16-9, 5-3 AE) at Hartford (9-18, 1-5 AE)
- Albany enters the weekend having won seven of its last nine games.
- Hartford tries to get back on the right track after dropping five of its first six league games.
- Reigning America East Pitcher of the Year Brittany MacFawn is 3-3 with a 1.50 ERA and 36 strikeouts in league play this year.
- Sawyer Fried leads Hartford hitting .317.