#AEMLAX Schedule Hits Midway Point This Weekend
League play rolls on in men's lacrosse this weekend with three America East games scheduled for Saturday. The games will bring the league schedule to the midway point and the conference championshp picture could start to form following this weekend's games. Two of the games will be available live for free on AmericaEast.TV on PCs and mobile devices.
Preview the weekend action:
- Binghamton has won its first two America East games for the first time since 2006 and can clinch its first America East championship berth since 2011 with a win Saturday.
- Vermont is 0-2 in league play but its five wins are its most since 2011.
- Turnovers could decide this contest as Binghamton is last in the league in giving the ball away while Vermont leads in caused turnovers.
- Binghamton has a league-best 9.93 team goals-against average .
- The Bearcats hold a 7-5 all-time series edge, but the Catamounts have won three of the last four meetings including an 8-7 victory last year.
- Both teams are coming off losses in their last league game as UMBC fell to Binghamton last Saturday and Hartford was edged by Albany.
- Hartford leads the league allowing just 9.63 goals per game.
- Hartford’s Frank Piechota currently leads the league in goals against average, posting a 9.45.
- The Retrievers' Matt Gregoire ranks second among league leaders scoring 3.1 goals per game and has 31 total tallies.
- UMBC holds a 7-5 all-time edge in the series but Hartford has won four the last five get togethers.
- Albany can clinch an America East championship berth with a win over Stony Brook Saturday.
- Faceoffs will prove key as Stony Brook leads the league in faceoff percentage (.633) while Albany is last (.411).
- Both teams posted league wins last weekend with Albany downing Hartford and Stony Brook edging Vermont.
- The Great Danes lead the all-time series, 13-10, and beat the Seawolves twice a year ago.
- The two teams have combined to win eight of the last 12 America East titles.