Albany, Binghamton Clinch #AEMLAX Championship Berths
Albany and Binghamton remained unbeaten in America East men's lacrosse play as both posted wins this weekend and clinched bids to the upcoming America East Championship, which will be played May 1 and 3 at Stony Brook's La Valle Stadium, as a result. UMBC also picked up an important win to improve to 2-1 to draw closer to a tournament berth. Recap the weekend's action:
- Binghamton (5-6, 3-0 AE) outscored Vermont (5-5, 0-2 AE), 3-1, in the fourth quarter to down the Catamounts and improve to 3-0 in league play for the first time since 2004.
- The win earned the Bearcats their first America East tournament berth since 2011.
- Binghamton's Dan Mazurek won 17-of-18 faceoffs and collected 14 ground balls.
- Matt Springer had three goals to lead Binghamton while six different Catamounts found the back of the cage.
at Albany 17, Stony Brook 7
- Trailing 2-0, Albany (6-5, 3-0 AE) scored eight-straight goals and allowed a season-low seven goals for an opponent to down Stony Brook (5-8, 1-2 AE) and improved to 3-0 in league play and locked up an America East Championship bid.
- Albany outshot Stony Brook, 41-22.
- Miles Thompson scored five goals and added two assists and Lyle Thompson had a career-high eight assists.
- Challen Rogers factored in on six of the Seawolves' seven goals by tallying two scores and four assists.
- UMBC (6-5, 2-1 AE) scored the game's first five goals and held off a late Hartford (5-8, 0-3 AE) rally to improve to 2-1 in America East play.
- Pat Young scored four of his career-high five goals in the fourth quarter.
- Connor Gordon made 13 saves for the Retrievers.
- Jaedon Henderson had four points to pace Hartford.