Albany, Hartford Play for #AEWSOC Title Sunday
Albany, N.Y. - The No. 1 seed Albany Great Danes and the No. 2 seed Hartford Hawks will meet to decide the America East Women's Soccer title for the second-straight year on Sunday, Nov. 6 at 6:00 p.m. at Tom and Mary Casey Stadium in Albany, N.Y. The game will be streamed live for free on AmericaEast .TV with Jon Versteeg and Shawn Mecchi on the call.
- The No. 1 seed is making its 20th-straight appearance in the America East title game and the 21st in 22 years of the America East Championship. The only year the No. 1 seed did not advance to the title game was in 1996 when No. 4 Towson beat No. 3 Delaware.
- The No. 2 seed is making its 12th appearance in the America East title game and has 2 titles, including last year when No. 2 Albany defeated No. 1 Hartford.
- The top-two seeds have faced each other 12 times in the title game with the No. 1 seed holding a 10-2 advantage.
- The No. 2 seed is playing in the title game for just the 3rd time in the last seven seasons.
- The No. 1 seed has 17 total titles with the last coming in 2013 when UMBC topped Stony Brook.
No. 1 Hartford vs. No. 2 Albany
- Hartford is making its 12th appearance in the title game and is 7-5 all-time. The last title for the Hawks came in 2006.
- Hartford is making its 3rd-straight title game appearance and fourth in the last five years.
- Albany is making its second-straight appearance in the title game and 3rd overall, all coming since 2011.
- The Great Danes advanced to the final with a 1-0 win over No. 4 UNH in the semifinals.
- Albany earned its highest seed in program history at No. 1 and notched a program record six conference wins.
- This year marks the first time since 2001 that the final is a rematch of the previous season.
- Albany is looking to become the first team to win back-to-back titles since Boston U. won five-straight from 2007-2011.
- If Hartford wins, they will be the sixth different America East team to win the title in the last six seasons.
- This is the third meeting between Hartford and Albany in the America East tournament with each team earning one win.
- 2015 - Albany 2, Hartford 1 - Final
- 2014 - Hartford 2, Albany 0 - SF
- 2011 - Albany 1, Hartford 0 - SF