3 Women's Hoops Teams Earn Postseason Bids
For the ninth time in the last 10 years at least three America East women's basketball teams will appear in the postseason. Albany earned the conference's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament, while New Hampshire earned the automatic bid to the WNIT. UMBC earned its second-straight trip to the WBI. America East teams have won six postseason games in the last eight seasons, including a pair of wins last year. See below for notes and game information:
Brown at UMBC, 7 PM
- UMBC will host a WBI game for the second-straight season
- The Retrievers earned their first postseason win in program history last year, defeating Farfield in the WBI first round.
- This is the fifth season the conference has been represented in the Women's Basketball Invitational.
Harvard at New Hampshire, 7 PM
- New Hampshire is making its second trip to the WNIT and first since 1999. It the Wildcats first postseason appearance since 2012 when they played in the WBI.
- The America East is 7-20 (.259) all-time in the tournament with four wins coming since 2007.
- This is the third meeting between the America East and the Ivy League in the WNIT.
NCAA First Round
#16 Albany at #1 UConn, 11 AM
- The Great Danes are making their sixth-straight appearance in the NCAA Tournament, matching a conference record.
- Albany won its first-ever NCAA game last season, defeating Florida in the first round. The Great Danes earned the fifth win in America East history.
- This is the seventh meeting all-time between the America East and UConn, going 0-6 in the previous tries. This is the first time an America East team has faced the Huskies since 2011.