Updated: September 23, 2012 7:09 pm (ET)
by America East Communications
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Traci Vandergrift and Gabby Whitworth each had double-doubles to lead defending America East champion Albany over Hartford, 3-1, Sunday afternoon. New Hampshire also won its fourth-straight match with a straight-set win over in-state rival Dartmouth.
Sunday, September 23
at Albany 3, Hartford 1 (25-19, 24-26, 25-15, 25-22)
Box Score | Recap | Photo Gallery
- Traci Vandergrift had 12 kills and 16 digs, while Gabby Whitworth recorded 41 assists and 15 digs in her first match as a setter, leading UAlbany to a 3-1 win over Hartford
- Albany took its first lead of the first set at 16-15 after a block by Vandergrift, going on to win the set 25-19.
- After Hartford took a closely-contested second set, Albany let the entire third set, jumping out to a 9-4 lead behind the service of Samantha Brostrom.
- Hartford was led by Sareeta Nethersole who had a match-high 16 kills.
at New Hampshire 3, Dartmouth 0 (29-27, 25-13, 25-15)
Box Score | Recap | Highlights
- Morgan Thatcher and Tori Forrest each posted 15 kills to lead New Hampshire to its fourth-straight win.
- The Wildcats have won seven-straight sets.
- Jansan Falcusan had a double-double with 40 assists and 11 digs.