Full Slate Of Conference Games On Tap For Friday Night
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Volleyball begins its first full weekend of conference play on Friday night as three games highlight America East action.
Friday, September 28
• New Hampshire enters Friday night’s match at UMBC riding a four-game winning streak.
• The Wildcats lead the conference in hitting percentage at .196, and opponent hitting percentage at .170.
• The all-time series between the two teams is even at nine apiece with the Retrievers sweeping the Wildcats in three sets in the match-up last year.
• UMBC freshman Sherelle Walker is fifth in the conference and second among freshman in kills at 2.88 per set.
• Stony Brook plays its first conference game on Friday night as the Seawolves host Hartford in only the team’s second home game of the season.
• Freshman Melissa Rigo has been outstanding for the Seawolves, leading the conference in kills per set at 4.25.
• Hartford is looking to bounce back after falling in its America East opener, 3-1, at Albany.
• The Nethersole sisters have helped pace the Hawks, with Sareeta ranking second in the conference at 3.82 kills per set.
• Binghamton is coming off back-to-back wins entering Friday night’s match-up with Providence
• Bearcats’ setter Amanda Dettmann was America East Setter of the Week last week after helping Binghamton hit a conference best .314 last week.
• Sophomores Mackenzie Ziegler and Anna Russian are tied for the team lead with 155 kills, while Russian leads the team and ranks second in the conference with a .258 hitting percentage.
• The Friars dropped their conference opener , 3-0, at New Hampshire last weekend.