Updated: September 30, 2012 5:09 pm (ET)
by America East Communications
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - In another full day of action in America East volleyball, the New Hampshire Wildcats and Albany Great Danes each earned wins to remain undefeated atop the league standings.
September 30, 2012
New Hampshire 3 (11-8, 3-0 AE), at Binghamton 1 (5-13, 2-1 AE)
- New Hampshire won its sixth-straight match and second-straight on the road with a, 3-1, win at Binghamton.
- The opening set featured back-and-forth action throughout the
stanza, but after ten lead changes and 22 even scores, the two teams
were all knotted up at 26-26. From there, the Wildcats took advantage of
back-to-back Binghamton attack errors and claimed the set, 28-26. New
Hampshire logged 20 kills in the first set and hit at a .349 clip.
- Morgan Thatcher led New Hampshire with 17 kills with three other Wildcats registering double-digit kills.
Albany 3 (5-11, 2-0 AE), at Stony Brook 1 (6-9, 1-1 AE)
- Albany hit .429 in the first set and went on to a, 3-1, win over Stony Brook in a rematch of last year's America East title game.
- After Stony Brook took the third set, the Seawolves committed 11 attack errors in the fourth set that helped the Great Danes earn the win.
- Samantha Brostrom led Albany with 11 kills.
UMBC 3 (8-12, 1-2 AE), Providence 1 (1-19, 0-3 AE)
- UMBC claimed its eighth-straight win over Providence, topping the Friars, 3-1, on Sunday afternoon.
- The Friars took the first set, 26-24, and held a 23-21 lead in the second set before UMBC rattled off four-straight points to even the match.
- Sherelle Walker led three Retriever in double-figure kills with 17.