New Hampshire, Albany Stay Unbeaten With Wins On Sunday
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - In another full day of action in America East volleyball, the New Hampshire Wildcats and Albany Great Danes each earned wins to remain undefeated atop the league standings.
September 30, 2012
- New Hampshire won its sixth-straight match and second-straight on the road with a, 3-1, win at Binghamton.
- The opening set featured back-and-forth action throughout the stanza, but after ten lead changes and 22 even scores, the two teams were all knotted up at 26-26. From there, the Wildcats took advantage of back-to-back Binghamton attack errors and claimed the set, 28-26. New Hampshire logged 20 kills in the first set and hit at a .349 clip.
- Morgan Thatcher led New Hampshire with 17 kills with three other Wildcats registering double-digit kills.
- Albany hit .429 in the first set and went on to a, 3-1, win over Stony Brook in a rematch of last year's America East title game.
- After Stony Brook took the third set, the Seawolves committed 11 attack errors in the fourth set that helped the Great Danes earn the win.
- Samantha Brostrom led Albany with 11 kills.
- UMBC claimed its eighth-straight win over Providence, topping the Friars, 3-1, on Sunday afternoon.
- The Friars took the first set, 26-24, and held a 23-21 lead in the second set before UMBC rattled off four-straight points to even the match.
- Sherelle Walker led three Retriever in double-figure kills with 17.