Albany Stays Unbeaten; Stony Brook Sweeps Providence Sunday In Volleyball
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Albany kept pace with New Hampshire, staying unbeaten in conference play with a win over UMBC on Sunday, while Stony Brook swept Providence on the road in Sunday volleyball action.
Sunday, October 7
- Freshmen Melissa Rigo and Nicole Vogel each recorded double-doubles to lead the Stony Brook to a 3-0 straight-set victory over Providence.
- Rigo finished with a game-high 15 kills and 11 digs while Vogel had 25 assists and 10 digs.
- Rigo has now recorded double-digit kills in 17 straight matches to begin the season.
- Sarah Pope finished with a career-high 20 kills on .543 hitting to lead UAlbany to a 3-1 win over UMBC
- With the teams splitting the first two sets, UAlbany came out firing in the third, with Pople leading the way with seven kills and
one solo block to help the Great Danes to a third-set win.
- Albany moved to 22-2 in the all-time series, with UMBC's last win coming in 2007.
Saturday, October 6
- Bearcat sophomore Kristin Hovie led Binghamton with a match-high 15 kills on a .440 hitting percentage, the second-highest of her career.
- Amanda Dettmann had 40 assits for the Bearcats for the second time this season.
- Binghamton improved to 18-3 all-time against Hartford.