Albany Beats New Hampshire To Remain Only Unbeaten Team In America East Volleyball
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Albany came out on top in the battle between undefeated conference teams, beating New Hampshire, 3-1, to take sole possession of first place in America East volleyball. Also In action last night, Hartford swept Providence, and Binghamton edged Stony Brook in five sets.
Friday, October 12
- Hartford snapped a four-game skid with its first three-set victory of the season over Providence.
- Kami Nethersole finished with a match-high 12 kills, and was the only player to finish with double-digit kills. She also notched 15 digs to register a double-double
- Hartford held Providence to an .075 hitting percentage, with 23 kills and 16 errors on 93 attacks.
at Binghamton (7-15, 4-2 AE) 3, Stony Brook
(7-11, 2-3 AE) 2
- Kristin Hovie had 21 kills to lead the Bearcats to a five-set win over Stony Brook at home.
- Binhamton hit .209 for the match, with Amanda Dettmann quarterbacking the offense, dishing out 48 assists to go with 15 digs for a double-double.
- After Stony Brook took a 2-1 lead in the match, Binghamton battled back with a 25-15 win in the fourth set to force a fifth and deciding set.
- Binghamton held a slim, 12-11, lead in the fifth set, but the Bearcats scored three of the last four points to take the match.
- Freshman Melissa Rigo led the Seawolves with 18 kills and a .256 hitting percentage.
- Sara Pope set a new career-high with 24 kills, while Traci Vandegrift finished with a double-double of 14 kills and 19 digs to lead UAlbany to a 3-1 win over New Hampshire.
- After New Hampshire won the first set, the Great Danes swept the next three to take home the win. The loss snapped the Wildcats' seven-match winning streak.
- Victoria Forrest and Morgan Thatcher had 16 kills each to lead the Wildcats.
Saturday, October 13
New Hampshire at Hartford, 6 p.m.
- Hartford is in the midst of a four-game homestand.
- The Wildcats are 32-2 all-time against the Hawks, with Hartford's last win coming in 1996. New Hampshire has won 31-straight over Hartford in that time period.