Brostrom and Pope Combine for 41 Kills to Lead Albany Past Hartford
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - After falling behind, 1-0, Albany won the next three sets to beat Hartford, 3-1, on Sunday afternoon in the only America East volleyball match.
Sunday October 21
- Albany beat Hartford, 3-1, to remain unbeaten in America East play with a 7-0 record. The Great Danes have won 50 of their last 53 conference matches,
- Sophomores Samantha Brostrom and Sara Pope combined for 41 of UAlbany's 57 kills
- Hartford (8-15, AE 2-5) had four players in double-digit kill totals, led by Taylor McCreery with 13.
Saturday, October 20
New Hampshire (13-10, 5-2 AE) 3, at Providence (1-24,
0-7 AE) 0
(25-12, 25-16, 25-20)
- New Hampshire swept Providence for the second time this season on Saturday.
- Victoria Forrest had a double-double with 10 kills and 12 digs, while Morgan Thatcher had a match-high 15 kills.
- New Hampshire hit .314 as a team for the match as Taylor Dunklau handed out 38 assists.
- Colleen Mccollum led the Friars with 12 kills.
at UMBC (11-13, 4-3 AE) 3, Binghamton (7-16,
4-3 AE) 1
- The Retrievers earned a split of the season series with the Bearcats with a, 3-1, win on Friday night. Binghamton won the first meeting between the two teams on Sept. 21.
- Both teams hit well, with UMBC recording a .293 hitting percentage and Binghamton hitting .254.
- The Retrievers had three players in double-digit kills, with Hannah Schmidt leading the way with 19 kills and nine digs. Katie Kelly had 14 kills and hit .419.
- Kristin Hovie led Binghamton with 13 kills and nine digs.
- Binghamton jumped-out to a 10-6 lead in the first set, but UMBC responded with seven-straight points and never trailed again in the frame.
- The Bearcats also led early in the second set (8-7), but UMBC scored 17 of the final 24 points to go up, 2-0, in the match.